AQWorlds Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AQWorlds Forum

A place with non-strict rules where AQW fans wan come and chat.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition) Empty
PostSubject: A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition)   A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 pm

A Simple Guide to Farming

AQW Edition

NOTE: There is a MQ edition in MQGalaxy. That should explain the name.
Note: To get to a certain section of my guide, use the the Search Function (First, hold the Control button (the "Ctrl" button under the Shift keys), then while holding the "Ctrl" button, press the letter "F" on your keyboard. Then go to your desired section by copying and pasting the text in brackets (Ex: [FG03]). then press the "Enter" button (The biggest button on top of the right Shift key).

TABLE OF CONTENTS
0. Introduction [FG00]
1. What is farming? [FG01]
2. How to farm correctly [FG02]
3. Levels 1-5 [FG03]
4. Levels 6-10 [FG04]
5. Levels 11-15 [FG05]
6. Levels 16-20 [FG06]
7. Credits and Afterward [FG07]

[FG00]
0. Introduction

Welcome to my fourth guide, farming on AQW! This guides will cover a very popular topic: Farming, and where to Farm. If you don't know what this term means, then this guide will tell you it what Farming exactly is. Ever you could acquire a lot of gold in a short time so you could get that special weapon you've been envying for, or need a lot of Experience, so you could use your favorite weapons? Then look no more, because this guide will help you rack in Gold and EXP (Experience) like a Gold mine. Enjoy my guide!

[FG01]
1. What is farming?

I'm glad you asked, and I'll answer that question immediately. Farming is a term used in games when you are receiving a large amount of Experience or Money (or in AQWorlds terms, Gold). Farming works like this:

1. You think you found a Quest/ Place/ Battle that offers good Experince/Gold/Both.
2. You will do that Quest/ Place/ Battle over, and over, and over again. (This the truly repetitive part of "Farming")
3. Slowly, you build up a massive pile of Experience, Money(Gold), or both.
4. Once you have done that Quest/ Place/ Battle so many times, you will have found yourself with a large amount of Experience, Money(Gold), or both, depending on what you did to acquire those rewards that you have desired so much.

That's what Farming is and how it works!
(Random side note: Dictionary's definition of "Farming":
Main Entry: farmĀ·ing
Function: noun
Date: 1659
: the practice of agriculture or aquaculture)

[FG03]
3. How to farm correctly

Hold it right there mister! Before we start on the actual Farming, we need to know how to make farming as least boring, and quick as possible. Many of these tips are used among the high-leveled players. Today, my farming secrets will be revealed to you! So, let's take a look.

• Get a good weapon. You have to be able to kill enemies quickly!
  • Get a good class that can defeat enemies without using much MP!
  • Find a place that has a decent amount of people. Not too less, not too many.
  • Find an un-laggy place to farm. Lag slows you down! A quick internet connection is recommenced, too.
  • When you're at low HP, just die!! DO NOT RUN AWAY!!! Rest only if the area is hard to get to (e.g. Vasalkar's Lair, the inside).
  • For farming at the Lair, try to open the shop.

Here are some "requirements" to farming quickly:

• Advance the story until you can't advance it anymore. This will grant you extra places to go!
  • Get a desired class to a sufficent rank. Here's a list of the good ones:
    Warrior Class: Rank 4
    Mage Class: Rank 8
    Dragonslayer Class (if you can get it): Rank 4 (for non-dragons)/8 (for dragons)
    Rustbucket Class (if you can get it): Rank 2 (if you can take a few hits)/4 (if you have a decent amount of MP and HP)/8 (if you can't take many hits).
    Rouge Class: Rank 8

[FG04]
Levels 1-5

Weapon choice:
Well, for all users, you might want to get some gold before getting a decent weapon.
Non-member users:
At level 1, any weapon works, preferably something that does the same amount of damage each hit, like the Wooden Mallet. At level 3, I reccomend you enchance your weapon to level 3. At level 5, I reccomend you enchance your weapon to level 5. A weapon drop is also good, especially the Piston-Driven Polearm if you can get one. If you have the Swordhaven Axe, Mammoth Crusher Blade, 1st Lord of Chaos Staff or Trident of Storms (from Friday the 13th in Jan 2009), those work as well.
Member Users:
At level 1, any weapon works, preferably something that does the same amount of damage each hit, like the Wooden Mallet. At level 3, I reccomend you enchance your weapon to level 3. At level 5, I reccomend you enchance your weapon to level 5. A weapon dromis also good, especially the Piston-Driven Polearm/Axe. If you have the Swrodhaven Axe, Mammoth Crusher Blade, Staff of Inversion or Trident of Storms (from Friday the 13th in Jan 2009), those work as well.

Well, you're new to the game and don't have many options. Here are some decent ones:
Experience:
Slimes (Type "/join newbie" and go one screen up)
Ehh... Yeah. Try these. I recommend doing the Youthanize quest at the same time.
Rats in the Cradle (quest at Noobshire, need to complete Defend the Rats first. Type "/join noobshire" to get there)
Yeah. Do this quest a bunch of times. It's actually pretty good, just like free experience and gold. Go around and pick rats up, then go back to Rolith and complete the quest. Then rinse and repeat.

Gold:
Rats in the Cradle (quest at Noobshire, need to complete Defend the Rats first.)
Same as above.

[FG05]
Levels 6-10

Weapon Choice: Stick with your weapon. Enchance it to match your level. Now that you're stronger, try getting Yara's Sword, newly released. Go down below Battleon and do Yara's quests.

You've gotten stronger now and have access to more areas! Here are some places to go:
Experience:
Sleuthhound Inn (Type "/join sleuthhound"):
Don't do the quest. Instead, go past the butler into any old room with 2 or more enemies. Defeat these enemies. Even though they're at level 15, they only have 500 HP (though the bookcases have 1000) and deal ~40 damage. Really good place!! These things might take out lower levels easily, that's why I didn't recommend it.
The Marsh (Type /join marsh and go one screen left)
Ahh... memories before the Sleuthhound Inn... Yeah. This is also a good place to be. Do the following quests:
Camping Out: Kill some Marsh Trees. They have 1HP each. Free exp. and gold again!!!
Something in the Water: Kill some Marsh Lurkers. Level 10, hits high-ish and has low amount of HP.
These are some great quests in the Marsh that you could do. I recommend doing both at once, that way when you're waiting for the Lurkers to respawn, you can kill off some trees.
Bludrut Keep (Type "/join bludrut" and go inside the castle.)
Merging quests again:
Stone Endurance: 10 Rock essences from the Rattlebones.
Rattle Battle: 8 Signed contracts from the Rattlebones.
Rattlebones are level 4, not too great. Too much for levels 1-5, though. Defeat one and you get 1 signed contrace and 1 rock essence with both quests.

Gold:
The Marsh (Type /join marsh and go one screen left)
Same as above
Ssame as above

[FG06]
Levels 11-15

We're halfway there!! Open up a bunch of options!!
Experience:
Dwakel Blasters/Flamethrowers (Type "/join dwakel" and go one screen up or one more screen left)
Alright! Time to try out these bad boys! Dwakel Blasters and Flamethrowers have 1000 and 1100 HP, respectively. They dish out some high damage though. I recommend you do the Dam Balloons quest while beating up those Dwakels for extra gold/exp. These things also drop an item that's worth quite a bit of gold.
Don't do the quest. Instead, go past the butler into any old room with 2 or more enemies. Defeat these enemies. Even though they're at level 15, they only have 500 HP (though the bookcases have 1000) and deal ~40 damage. Really good place!!
Merging quests again:
Stone Endurance: 10 Rock essences from the Rattlebones.
Rattle Battle: 8 Signed contracts from the Rattlebones.
Rattlebones are level 4, not too great. Too much for levels 1-5, though. Defeat one and you get 1 signed contrace and 1 rock essence with both quests.
Any War (with medals):
Any war (e.g. the 3rd Lord of Chaos war, the Pirate vs Ninjas war, etc.) is great, as long as it has Defender Medals in them. The reason why I didn't recommend this for the previous levels is that the enemies are usually around level 10.

Gold:
Same as above
Dwakel Blasters/Flamethrowers (Type "/join dwakel" and go one screen up or one more screen left)
Same as above
Vasalkar's Lair (Type "/join lair" and go all the way up to the cave.
This place is only good if you open the shop. Uhh... quests:
Dragon Souvenirs: 3 Dragon Souvnirs.
Dragonslayer Sergeant: 8 Dragonslayer Sergeant Medals.
Great rewards. For a bonus, you can get drops from all the Draconians -- their swords and their wings. The Bronze Draconian's sword, the Mammoth Crusher Blade, is worth the most. I think the wings have equal worth. You can also get Wyvern pets from the Wyverns. Not very good for exp., though Dragon Souvenirs does give 200 exp.
Any War (with medals):
Same as above

[FG07]
Levels 16-20:

Yeah! Almost there! By now, you should have at least one class ranked 8. Not many more options, but oh well.
Experience:
Don't do the quest. Instead, go past the butler into any old room with 2 or more enemies. Defeat these enemies. Even though they're at level 15, they only have 500 HP (though the bookcases have 1000) and deal ~40 damage. Really good place!!
Alright! Time to try out these bad boys! Dwakel Blasters and Flamethrowers have 1000 and 1100 HP, respectively. They dish out some high damage though. I recommend you do the Dam Balloons quest while beating up those Dwakels for extra gold/exp. These things also drop an item that's worth quite a bit of gold.
Any War (with medals):
Any war (e.g. the 3rd Lord of Chaos war, the Pirate vs Ninjas war, etc.) is great, as long as it has Defender Medals in them.
Gold:
Same as above
Same as above
Vasalkar's Lair (Type "/join lair" and go all the way up to the cave.
This place is only good if you open the shop. Uhh... quests:
Dragon Souvenirs: 3 Dragon Souvnirs.
Dragonslayer Sergeant: 8 Dragonslayer Sergeant Medals.
Great rewards. For a bonus, you can get drops from all the Draconians -- their swords and their wings. The Bronze Draconian's sword, the Mammoth Crusher Blade, is worth the most. I think the wings have equal worth. You can also get Wyvern pets from the Wyverns. Not very good for exp., though Dragon Souvenirs does give 200.
Any War (with medals):
Same as above

[FG07]
Credits and Afterward

Well, that explains farming and where to farm in AQW. Hope you had fun reading! Here are some people that I would like to thank:
The AE Staff: If AQW wasn't made, I would've never been able to make this guide.
legomaster00156: For pointing out that I still had MQ terms in the intro. Oops. Razz
Mods, veterans, amateurs, dedicated players, players who come and go (of AQW): For being a part of AQW and therefore a part of this guide as well.
SlyCooperFan1, Fiery Wolf and Venturer90: For being previous owners of the MQ version and for supplying me with a mini-template. Razz

Last edited by Admin on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://aqwforum.forumotion.com
legomaster00156

legomaster00156

A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition)   A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:30 pm

This needs to be changed to AQW terms. Neutral Credits? Mechas?
Back to top Go down

A Simple Guide to Farming (AQW Edition)
Page 1 of 1